High Quality Hand Crocheted

High Quality Hand Crocheted
Pre-made designs AND Custom Orders!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Monday Blues......bring Tuesday Beauties!




I have been dreaming about a pink and brown pattern since my friend Tanessa came to me with the idea a few weeks ago.  I had looked and looked to find the perfect shades and couldn't find them anywhere until the other day at Wal-mart of all places I see the two sitting right next to each other.  Funny how that works out huh?  So I am trying this new pattern out.  And I really hope it turns out good.  So far I am losing interest in my Etsy site and I  don't know why.  Is it because I don't have any new stuff?  I have made new stuff and posted it but I used to get like 100 views in a day and now it's more like 20.  I hope that having something new and cute will make people interested again.  I'm not sure what else to do.  I have my Facebook page.  I have this, and I also have both a Google plus page and a Craftsy site but they all seem to be not getting me the attention I need.

Ok so enough complaining, that's not what this is about.  I want to explain to you how this new pattern came into my head.  I have this weird obsession that makes me dream about the things that I am passionate about.  At work with Enterprise, if I have a bad day or a bad call that sticks with me, I will have a dream about it and figure out a better way to handle the situation in the future.  With my yarn, it shows me patterns and beautiful creations.  Sometimes they work out exactly like I had imagined, and then sometimes they take a little playing with, like I'm finding out with this one!  I have restarted this thing for the 3rd time now.  At least with each new start it gets better.  I am finding that doing the pink diamonds is a little more complicated than I had originally thought it to be.  No worries that is what years of experience has taught me.  Patience is the key with beautiful yarn creations.  Sometimes you have to take it out 10 times before you get a pattern to work right.

For instance,  this one I ended up taking out 5 times before I figured out exactly how the pink was going to lay correctly.  You can see in the pics the design of the pink in contrast to the brown.  I was going for more of a diamond shape but it didn't quite work out as good as I wanted.  The top looks like a five pointed star under the poof-ball I put on top.  I had no idea that making a poof-ball would be a complicated as it ended up being too!  So after much hard work, I have completed my newest hat.  I will be posting it later on this afternoon so stay tuned!  Now I am off to think of another beautiful idea to create until I have to bring myself to work on that afghan again.  It'll be done.................someday  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment