High Quality Hand Crocheted

High Quality Hand Crocheted
Pre-made designs AND Custom Orders!

Monday, March 12, 2012

The best idea's can come from the strangest places......:)




      In a nutshell, I am not naturally very good at putting colors and things like that together in order to make something fashionable and trendy.  I never have been, even as a kid.  So as you can imagine when it comes to trying out new designs and things for my hats, I have to get a second opinion most of the time before I will put together a new set of colors, or match a ribbon with a certain hat.  You can see by some of my hats on my etsy site, I still tried to "wing it" a couple of times and haven't have a chance to correct those monstrosities.   :)

     So when I get an idea in my head about a new design, I will usually talk it over with a few friends, my sister and even my daughter before I actually put it into a finished product.  My best friend Shaunney came to me the other day with a few hat ideas and this color combo was one of them.  She has placed an order for one of my "Ear Flaps and Pom Pom" hats in these colors, but I want to work with her on a possible new design before I put it together because I know she will want something truly "Unique" for her sister.  So while off on my little tangent and wanting to see exactly how the colors would look together, I started making this one.  My wonderful sister called me in the middle of making it and asked if I had ever tried to make ears to go on the top of my hats, which I hadn't so that was the first new addition to this design.  They are so cute, and sit right on the top of the crown of your head right where real ears would.  I was super happy with how easily they came together too!  

     I make these all during my work day, which I do from home.  I work for Enterprise Rent-a-Car and take phone reservations all day long, so most of my time is spent sitting in front of a computer screen typing and talking to the person on the other end of the phone line.  There can be a lot of "down" time where you are pretty much doing nothing but waiting for the next call to roll through, so in order to keep myself from going completely crazy, I crochet.  

    Today when I finished this hat it was perfect timing because I was just logging out from work, and my wonderful husband hadn't started making dinner yet so I had a moment to reflect on it and show it off to him.  I had wanted to put a bow on it, and the pink and purple together was just awesome, but I didn't want it to be like my other hats with the bows.  This was a completely new idea, and it needed a new place for the bow too.  I just couldn't put my finger on where it needed to be, and THAT is one reason why I LOVE MY HUSBAND SOOOOOO MUCH!!!  He takes one look at the hat on my head and the bow in my hand and says, "Put it on top, between the ears like Minnie Mouse does."  I don't think he expected my reaction because I ran across the kitchen and kissed him and then ran to get my darning needle and a piece of yarn to attach the bow with.  I NEVER would have thought of that without him!!!  

     You know, there are a lot of us out there who really don't appreciate what they have in their lives.  I am one of them 6 out of 7 days a week, for sure, but today I really TRULY realized how much I appreciate the man in my life!   He is my rock, my bridge, my wind, my sail.  Without him, I know that I would still be here, but I would not be the person, or the Mother I am today.  I love you Zach!  So much!

     Okay, enough mushy stuff!  To get back to the hat, I am thrilled with how it all just looks so darn cute!  I have a feeling that this one might get a lot of attention at the Pic-a-dilly next month.  I decided to postpone my first Market until the 1st of April because I want to have at least 100 things to bring with me, and right now I'm about 38 things shy of that goal.  I am up for any suggestions if you many have them on new ideas or color combo's that you would like to see. 




Buy me on Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment