High Quality Hand Crocheted

High Quality Hand Crocheted
Pre-made designs AND Custom Orders!

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Move Completed, back to making more stuff!

In the midst of my move I was able to make a few new hats, and I am still working on the afghan for my bedroom that is Black, White and Red homespun yarn.  I decided that my house was going to be decked out in those colors and have been madly trying to create and find stuff to coordinate.  I have made afghans and blankets before, mostly for babies, but this is my first full sized afghan.  It's going to be amazing when it's done but it's taking a long time and a lot of yarn.  I guess it's my fault for having a California King Sized bed.  I noticed that when making a large blanket or afghan, you can't guess on how much yarn you need.  I tried and I am finding that I am short by more than half of what I really needed.  I never thought that it would take 20+ skeins of that homespun stuff to make a blanket big enough for my bed but it's turning out to be that much.  I think I'm on skein number 7 or 8 and I'm only about 1/4 of the way finished.  It's going to be spectacular when it's actually done.  I am making it a zigzag pattern which I have never tried before and it's turning out really REALLY good.  I am also in the middle of making a table runner in my signature stripes pattern of Black White and Red for my coffee table.  Stay tuned for pictures of them when I get them done.  The table runner should be done later on today!  I am so excited to be in my own home again that I can hardly contain myself.  I have already noticed that my creative juices are flowing in overtime since the move because I have so much inspiration for new ideas!  I love my life!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment